Forecast FPL Performance Based on Bookmaker Odds for up the Next 8 GWs
Phase One: Next GW Forecast
The latest bookmaker odds are used in this tool with margins removed for Clean Sheets, Player Goals and Team Goals. Projected Assists are deduced from historic xG data for each player and the bookmakers predicted scorelines for each match.
Bookings, Red Cards, Own Goals and Saves are also forecast on a player specific basis. Bonus points are determined following a probabilistic simulation influenced by the bookmaker data, xG data and historic analysis of the BPS system.
Phase Two: Forecasting Beyond the Next GW
Phase Two is the key to the FPL Review algorithm. The latest bookmaker odds are collected and added to the background database, the algorithm learns from this data and remaps it's model. With the brain behind the FPL Review algorithm refreshed forecasts for future GWs can be made as per Phase One.
Please check out this in depth review of the FPL Review forecasting algorithm and this analysis of how effective bookmaker odds are in FPL.
- Enter the Team Code you wish to investigate and the amount of GWs to forecast prior to hitting the submit button.
- Click on any players name to view his profile and detailed data from his season.
- If required adjust the minutes a player is expected to get. Click on the Autosub Simulation button for a full forecast including averaged substitutions.
- Switch the model between raw bookies odds and xG based models as you wish.
- Search for players and make transfers to optimise team selection.